[Dovecot] URGENT: specify mailboc location

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 5 17:43:34 UTC 2007

On 5.2.2007, at 17.40, T. Horsnell wrote:

> Is there a way I can tell dovecot to only use the .subscriptions
> file, if it exists, as the source of mailfolder paths, rather than
> have it look at every file in a user's directory to see if it's a
> mail folder?

So I suppose you'd want LIST command to behave exactly like LSUB
command? No, and I'm not really sure why you'd even want that. In any
case that would lead to all kinds of problems. Would the mailbox just
disappear if client used UNSUBSCRIBE command? What about if client
created a new mailbox, should it also be subscribed immediately?

I think you should figure out another way to do what you want.