[Dovecot] broken attachments with pop3

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Feb 2 22:12:33 UTC 2007

Justin McAleer schrieb:
> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> ive just upgrade to rc21 ( so i dont know perhaps this report failure is
>> fixed with this release )
>> i have reports from users that attachments get broken ( with rc19, dont
>> know about before ) with some accounts , which where downloaded via a
>> pop3 service to a exchange server, but in fact nothing is broken when
>> looking with imap to the mailboxes
>> Has anyone an idea, i havent any failure logs about that, is there a
>> parameter which makes logging verbose to such failures?
>>

> The first thing you should do is pop such messages directly from
> Dovecot. Anytime there is a problem with mail, and Exchange is involved,
> the first step should always be ruling out Exchange IMHO.
>
> --
> Diese Nachricht wurde auf Viren und andere gefährliche Inhalte untersucht
> und ist - aktuelle Virenscanner vorausgesetzt - sauber.

agree exchange is magic voodoo, but its not exchange , its an
independent pop service which delivers to exchange ( like fetchmail )
and the other 1000 mailboxes do not have this problem going the same
way, so it must something special with this mailboxes, may any index
stuff involved
with this?
I have no failure doing pop3 with thunderbird to that mailboxes,
these mailboxes are the the ones with most traffic on the system
After all the exchange systems are not under my control and the failure
info from win admins and their users is not very exact *g

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best Regards

Robert Schetterer