[Dovecot] Indexing Performance Question (was tpop3d vs dovecot)

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Feb 2 12:40:34 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 13:17 +0100, Jan Srzednicki wrote:
> > > And I have another idea, which some time ago saved my butt with Courier:
> > > add a line count L=?? maildir flag, which would make messages look like:
> > >
> > > -rw-------    1 root     root         4811 Feb  9  2006 1138386088.22293_0.mail1,S=4811,L=104
> >
> > Dovecot supports reading the virtual size from ,W=1234 in the filename.
>
> It doesn't seem to use/set it by default, how can I make it to?

1.0-branch Dovecot LDA doesn't do that, since it doesn't really support
parsing the message while saving it.

1.1-branch Dovecot LDA does support parsing message while saving it, but
in that case the ,W= isn't really needed because the size is saved into
cache file anyway.

I think at least Exim supports adding the ,W= to the maildir file.