[Dovecot] v1.1.beta10 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 3 19:33:29 EET 2007

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/dovecot-1.1.beta10.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/beta/dovecot-1.1.beta10.tar.gz.sig

Changes since beta9:

 - dotlock_use_excl=yes is now the default. I think this should work in
all NFS setups that are in use nowadays. O_EXCL has worked since NFSv3.
 - fs quota: Added "noenforcing" option
 - Fixed compiling with non-gcc
 - Fixed quota plugin crash
 - Lots of fixes to handling message searches, especially related to
non-ASCII searches.

And most importantly: It includes the new Squat full text search
indexing code. There are a few things left in my TODO for it:

 - It's currently used only to optimize root level AND searches. So for
example SEARCH (OR TEXT hello TEXT world) is still searched the slow
way.
 - Expunged messages are never removed from the indexes.
 - The index could be updated while messages are being saved, but this
isn't done yet.
 - Indexed substring length is hardcoded to 4 characters. This should be
configurable, although I think 4 should work quite nicely.

Lucene plugin is probably completely broken now, but it was also in
beta9.