[Dovecot] Server Timed Out: Outlook Express

Jackie Hunt jackie at yuma.acns.colostate.edu
Fri Aug 31 21:57:41 EEST 2007

Hi all,

We just started running Dovecot this fall here on campus v 1.0.  I've
started getting some trouble reports from users.  An Outlook Express
users reported seeing the "Server has not responded in 60 seconds"
messages.  Waiting longer doesn't help, he has to stop/start Outlook
Express to get connected again.  Also have a Thunderbird user who is
seeing that type of behavior first thing in the morning after being
logged in all night.  He has to stop/restart Thunderbird.

Also, have had some reports of "disconnected" showing up on the
Outlook2007 status bar.

I've looked at the Dovecot log, and don't see any errors.  I do
see lots of "Disconnected", "Disconnected in IDLE" and "Disconnected:
Logged Out".  These last two seem normal, if I just see "Disconnected"
is that a flag that we're losing connections abnormally?

I know version 1.0.3 is out.  I've looked at the changes, and the
only one I can see that might be related to what we are seeing is
the IDLE commmand fix.  Was hoping for some advice on whether upgrading
might resolve these issue.

Jackie
---
Jackie Hunt
ACNS                                    Voice:  (970) 663-3789
Colorado State University               FAX:    (970) 491-1958
Fort Collins, CO  80523                 Email:  jackie.hunt at colostate.edu