[Dovecot] Migration woes from tpop mbox to dovecot maildir

Chris Richardson techlist at cantella.com
Thu Aug 30 02:06:54 EEST 2007

I was hoping some one might be able to offer me some advice on a little
problem I have. I am looking to A. move from mbox to maildir B. looking
to move from tpop to dovecot to bring both pop and imap under the same
program. anyways the problem I am having is this tpop3d mbox uses  MD5
sum of the mailbox headers in hex which is option %m in the uidl section
but the problem is when dovecot convert plugin runs and makes in a
maildir it fails to find the md5 of this because it is only used for
mboxs. if I change this from %m to %Mf it downloads every message on the
clients computer which is not desirable. I was thinking only options i
have is to allow it to download all them mail and or write a script to
convert it to maildir or another pop servers uidl. but i dont know much
about how other pop servers generate there headers. so I was hoping
maybe some one has done something similar to this or could offer some
input. thanks

-Chris

other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
material from any computer.

In accordance with industry regulations, all messages are retained and are subject to monitoring.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Securities offered through Cantella & Co., Inc., Member FINRA/SIPC.
Home Office: 2 Oliver Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Telephone: (617)521-8630