[Dovecot] Mixing system and virtual users

Tim Tsai tim at sig.msstate.edu
Wed Aug 22 22:36:56 EEST 2007

I am almost done migrating to a new server using Dovecot + Postfix +
Postfixadmin/MySQL.  I am a bit confused about how to mix the system
(pam) and virtual (SQL) users though.

I see that in dovecot.conf, there is a default_mail_env variable but
that seems to apply to both cases.  I really need a default for each
type of authentication.

My virtual users are in /var/vmail/domain/user and my system users are
in /home/user/Maildir

any ideas?  I can get one or the other to work but not both at this point.

Thanks,

Tim