[Dovecot] UW-IMAP to Dovecot conversion - How to migrate the folders?

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Aug 22 16:11:24 EEST 2007

On Tuesday, August 21 at 02:06 PM, quoth Patrick - South Valley Internet:
> Thanks Kyle, but how do I convert the mbox-like IMAP folders into
> something Dovecot can read with the new config?

One way (the most straightforward) is to use any of the available
mbox-to-maildir converter scripts. Search google for the text "mbox to
maildir" and you should get references to a bunch of them.

You may be able to use Dovecot's "convert" plugin, but I've never
played with it, so I don't know much about setting it up.

~Kyle
--
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person
who argues with him.