[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v5 for dovecot 1.0.2

Robin Breathe robin+dovecot at isometry.net
Wed Aug 15 17:29:45 EEST 2007

Stephan Bosch wrote:
> Have fun testing the patch. Notify me when there are problems.

Stephan,

There's a small problem with your patch as it stands: it depends on a
number of GCCisms, and fails to compile with, for example, Sun CC under
Solaris 10.
Removing all of your "__attribute__((unused))" declarations goes some
way, but the build then fails with the following:

 /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src/lib
-I../../src/li                                             b-storage
-I../../src/lib-mail -I../../src/lib-sievestorage -I/app/openssl/0.9.7
                                           m/include -g -c
sieve-implementation.c  -KPIC -DPIC -o .libs/sieve-implementatio
                                     n.o
"sieve-implementation.c", line 193: void function cannot return value
cc: acomp failed for sieve-implementation.c

A reasonable error given that sieve_runenv_mark_duplicate() is a void
function with a return :) Removing the "return" leads to a clean build,
but it's not clear what implications that might have.

NB: this is applied against dovecot-1.0.3, though only one of the hunks
is off by 1 line.

Regards,
Robin