[Dovecot] Shared folder hierarchies, multiple groups

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 9 15:11:01 EEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 10:12 -0400, Benjamin R. Haskell wrote:
> I'm trying to set up two shared folder hierarchies on my Dovecot
> installation for two groups of employees, all of whom should only have
> access to their own hierarchy. Any employee should be able to create
> sub-folders and generally have full access to the hierarchy.
>
> My initial setup was to create two public namespaces, Shared-One and
> Shared-Two. Each is a Maildir under /var/mail.

One possibility would be to have the namespaces setup separately for
your user groups. If you use flexible enough userdb (or you can play
with post-login scripts), you could return the namespace settings from
there:

namespace_2=maildir:/var/mail/shared1
namespace_2_prefix=shared1/
namespace_2_type=public