[Dovecot] v1.1.alpha2 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Aug 7 15:29:26 EEST 2007

http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/alpha/dovecot-1.1.alpha2.tar.gz
http://dovecot.org/releases/1.1/alpha/dovecot-1.1.alpha2.tar.gz.sig

Hopefully the next release can be v1.1.beta1. I'm not aware of any major
problems and I think I'm pretty much done with new features (except for
dbox).

The largest changes since alpha1:

 * Removed THREAD indexing. It's a bit buggy and I think there's a
better chance of releasing a bugfree v1.1 soon if it's not included.
I'll fix it after v1.1.
 * Removed THREAD=X-REFERENCES2 also because it wasn't as easy to
implement with the old threading code. I might put this back though if
there's enough interest.
 * PAM always works in blocking=yes mode now. If you have problems with
memory leaks, change auth_worker_max_request_count setting.

 + Filesystem quota backend supports inode limits, group quota and RPC
quota for NFS.
 + SEARCH and SORT finally compare all characters case-insensitively. We
use i;unicode-casemap algorithm.
 + Config files support splitting values to multiple lines with \
 + Winbind NTLM and GSS-SPNEGO mechanism patches by Dmitry Butskoy.