[Dovecot] Disable IMAP for certain users, but not Webmailer

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Sun Aug 5 23:20:02 EEST 2007

Hi Timo!

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 20:02:28 +0300
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 12:41 +0200, FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc wrote:
> > Is there any possibility to achieve what I need without having two
> > completely separated instances of Dovecot running?
>
> It depends on what passdb you want to use. SQL would be simple.
> CheckPassword script would be possible. Others might, or might not.

I authenticate against a MySQL database. What I've figured out is how
to disable IMAP - I do it using the following line in dovecot-sql.conf
(I use prefetch, so that's the only query done):

password_query = SELECT username AS user, password_enc AS password FROM
mail_users WHERE username = '%u' AND ( (IF('%a'='143', `imap`,'0'))='Y'
OR (IF('%a '='110', `pop3`, '0') = 'Y') OR 1 )

But I'd need some possibility to have two different IMAP listeners
(e.g. one on port 144 for webmail) or something similar, as I currently
disallow webmail (which connects to localhost via IMAP), too.

By the way: Thanx for the hints!

Baltasar
--

_____ FORMER 03 GmbH