[Dovecot] Password Encryption

Dave Morrow david.morrow at autodata.net
Fri Aug 3 15:35:59 EEST 2007

Hi all.  I hope this is not a RTFM-type question, but I've been unable
to find a searchable archive of this mailing list.......

I recently began investigating using Dovecot/Postfix/MySQL solution.
I've been following the documentation
http://wiki.dovecot.org/HowTo/DovecotLDAPostfixAdminMySQL?highlight=%28m
ysql%29

While everything seems to have gone right, I have been unable to
successfully login to the IMAP server using Outlook Express.

It seems that the problem may relate to PostfixAdmin storing passwords
in the mysql database md5 encrypted, and Dovecot is not able to read
them, but I am not certain.

The error when a client logs in is something like

dovecot: auth-worker(default): plain_md5_verify(testuser1 at mydomain.com):
Invalid password encoding

David Morrow

Technical Systems Lead

Autodata Solutions Company

David.Morrow at Autodata.net <mailto:David.Morrow at Autodata.net>

http://www.autodatasolutions.com <http://www.autodatasolutions.com/>

Tel: (519) 963-3020

Fax: (519) 451-6615

Think slowly. Act quickly.

This message has originated from Autodata Solutions. The attached
material is the Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata
Solutions. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete
this message and notify the Autodata system administrator at
Administrator at autodata.net <mailto:Administrator at autodata.net
<mailto:Administrator at autodata.net> >