[Dovecot] sieve discard

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed Aug 1 17:52:18 EEST 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Geert Hendrickx wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 03:02:38PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Or I guess since this hasn't been a problem normally I could just remove
>> it unless it becomes a common problem. Updated the text:
>>
>> Use --with-dovecot=<path> to point to dovecot-config file's directory.
>> There are two possibilities where this could exist:
>>
>> 1) If you configured Dovecot with --enable-header-install, you'll have
>> dovecot-config installed in $prefix/lib/dovecot/ directory.
>>
>> 2) Compiled Dovecot sources' root directory.
>>
>> So for example:
>>
>> ./configure --with-dovecot=/usr/local/lib/dovecot
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> sievec and sieved binaries are built only if you use 2) method, because
>> they need to link with Dovecot's libraries. They can be used to compile and
>> decompile Sieve scripts. You probably don't need these.
>

> (1) is very interesting from a packager's point of view (allows me to
> package dovecot-sieve for pkgsrc much easier), but e.g. pysieved (the
> python managesieve server) needs "sievec" for verifying sieve scripts
> while uploading...

I do not know what OS you are packaging for but if you are looking for
rpms, fedora has released rpms that include seive in the same srpm as
dovecot. I took their .src.rpm and rebuilt it on EL4/Centos4 and it spit
out seperate dovecot and sieve binary rpms that so far work as advertised, at
least for me.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com