[Dovecot] Any plans for storing messages on a database?

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Sat Apr 28 20:03:22 EEST 2007

Francisco Reyes spake the following on 4/28/2007 9:42 AM:
> Redudancy and recovering from a mailstore failure is one of the concerns
> I am trying to address where I work.
>
> Any plans to have Dovecot store emails in a database?
>
> NAS/SAN devices which do automatic replication to a second device are
> extremely expensive.
>
> I also don't see any distributed filesystem which is mature and
> available for the OS we use (FreeBSD).
>
> I recall at one point, many months back, Timo mentioned that perhaps
> storing the messages in the database was a possibility for the future.
> Any additional thoughts on this?
If you want to experiment with a inexpensive NAS with replication, look at
Freenas. It can do nfs sharing and automatic replication with rsync.
And it is free and based on Freebsd. Still immature, but it has a lot of promise.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and