[Dovecot] Dovecot "assertion failed" errors

Fri Apr 27 16:56:59 EEST 2007

Hi Christian,

Please don't top-post...

>>> We are running Dovecot (on debian etch, Version 1.0.rc15-2) on 4
>>> Loadbalanced servers using a NFS share for the homedirs. The
>>> loadbalancer is using persistant connections (timeout 30min).

>> Upgrade...
>>
>> Many, many bug fixes since the 1.0 release.

 > We made a upgrade to dovecot 1.0.0-1.
 > It doesn't seem to help. We have the same problems whit this version.
 > Any other ideas?

dovecot -n output again?

More than likely to do with NFS locking, since this is known to be
finicky (I understand you can get it to work, but you have to get the
locking set just right). I don't use NFS so won't be much more help
than this - search the list (or google) on dovecot+NFS+lock...

good luck!

--

Best regards,

Charles