[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0.0 and Seive 1.0.1 on FreeBSD

Nils Vogels nivo+sender+9bb457 at is-root.com
Fri Apr 20 21:36:21 EEST 2007

Ed Lucero wrote on 20-4-2007 18:00:
>> deliver(mike at systemrt.com): Apr 19 14:07:19 Info: Loading modules from
>>
>>> directory: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot
>>> deliver(mike at systemrt.com): Apr 19 14:07:19 Fatal: Plugin sieved not
>>> found from directory /usr/local/libexec/dovecot
>>>

> This is a FreeBSD port. It creates two binaries sievec and sieved. I looked
> at the src in the port and the one downloaded from the web. They are
> identical except for some files used nthe FreeBSD port.
>
> I'll contact the man doing the p[ort.

That would be me.

Your dovecot is looking in the wrong place to find the sieve plugin. Try
pointing it to

/usr/local/lib/dovecot/lda

Greets,

Nils

--
Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

~Benjamin Franklin (American Statesman, Scientist, Philosopher, Printer, Writer and Inventor. 1706-1790)