[Dovecot] deliver failing to execute sendmail (sieve)

Justin McAleer justin at fehuq.com
Thu Apr 19 20:02:51 EEST 2007

Uldis Pakuls wrote:
> Justin McAleer wrote:
>
>> I have apparently done something to mess up my test installation, as
>> deliver's attempts to send messages now fail with the following error:
>>
>> deliver(user at example.com): execv() failed: No such file or directory
>>
> Are you useing mail_chroot ?
>
> If so, you don't have sendmail binary in chroot...
>
> Actually LDA sieve don't work as expected if mail_chroot is set.
>
> Uldis

No, it's not that simple, unfortunately. If that were the problem, the
error would have included the location of sendmail it was trying to use,
if I read the source correctly: execv(/usr/sbin/sendmail): No such file
or directory. Plus, as I said, if I change the source to run
/usr/sbin/sendmail, rather than pulling the config setting, it works.