[Dovecot] v1.1 plans

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 11:51:34 EEST 2007

Firstly, congratutulations on the official 1.0;  we are now running this
in production.

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> I'm hoping to release the first alphas/betas in 2-3 months, with v1.1.0
> maybe even as early as next summer. [...]

Quick check: Is "next summer" envisaged as 2007 or 2008?

> Features that I'm planning on implementing:
>
>  - Fully supported shared mailboxes and IMAP ACL extension
>  - Replace Squat FTS indexes with my new design
>  - Case-insensitive searches with non-ASCII text as well
>  - Maybe add support for all kinds of IMAP extensions that can be easily
> supported. LEMONADE extensions especially: CONDSTORE, CATENATE and maybe
> even URLAUTH if I can figure out how it should work.

Could I put in a request for the "logfile consistency" item mentioned on
April 3rd (and receiving some support)?  See:
   http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2007-April/021532.html
and subsequent thread.

Many thanks.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :