[Dovecot] Maildir, INDEX, and folders

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Mon Apr 16 21:24:33 EEST 2007

Justin McAleer wrote:

> It will, but beware... all directories will be created as the user's uid
> and gid. So, if you use a different uid for each user, you should
> manually create the /var/spool/dovecot/indexes/%1u directories first
> with the proper ownership and permissions. Otherwise, when

Thanks, I *just* found this out! The UID/GID doesn't matter a lot except
for the fact that the perm is 0700 on /a/, as you mention. I reset them
to just %u real quick while I manually make all the [a-z] parents, then
I'll reset it to %1u/$u as desired.

Glad I didn't try this on a production machine. :)

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com