[Dovecot] v1.0.0 released

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Mon Apr 16 04:17:28 EEST 2007

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, Curtis Maloney wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:44:54 +1000
> From: Curtis Maloney <cmaloney at cardgate.net>
> Cc: dovecot-news at dovecot.org
> Subject: Re: [Dovecot] v1.0.0 released
>
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.0.tar.gz
>> http://dovecot.org/releases/dovecot-1.0.0.tar.gz.sig
>>
>> It took almost 5 years, but it's finally ready. I'm not expecting to
>> release v1.0.1 anytime soon, unless someone's been sitting on a major
>> bug just waiting for v1.0 to be released. :)
>
> Timo, I applaud you for your immense efforts, not least of which is that of
> bringing quality control back to software engineering.
>
> And to all others who contributed (either in code, ideas, or support), I
> thank you also.
>

> ... now I have to find some time to upgrade my 0.99.14 install...

At the risk of starting a flame-war, I would suggest to Timo that he
politely refuse all further queries for bug fixes/help for 0.99 and
rc versions.  The first response should be "upgrade to 1.0, see if
your problem still exists, then report back if it does."  If the
issue can be duplicated in 1.0 then it is worthy of further
consideration.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College