[Dovecot] Moving Maildir files from multiple Dovecot installs

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Sun Apr 15 04:07:50 EEST 2007

Dean Manners writes:

> options right though.  Personally I prefer to exempt the dovecot* files from
> the rsync, and let them be recreated fresh on the new installation.

I  recently asked if it was necessary to delete/not sync the dovecot files
and Timo replied that they should work.

If copying maildirs with little mail or for few users, it is probably ok to
delete the dovecot files.

If copying users with lots of mail. It can be a significant hit on the
machine if you delete the dovecot files.