[Dovecot] LDA problem

Azher Amin azher at niit.edu.pk
Sat Apr 14 21:38:00 EEST 2007

Hi Timo,

Thnx for quick suggestions, however i am still in trouble. I am using FS
Quota and mbox. After looking at the Quota/FS, I changed the
mail_location to below.
Few of my dovecot.conf settings are:

mail_location =
mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/home/%u/mail/INBOX:INDEX=/var/mail/indexes/%u

protocol lda {
  # Address to use when sending rejection mails.
  postmaster_address = postmaster at localhost
  mail_plugins = quota
}

Plz suggest what to do next ......

Regards
-Azher

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 20:44 +0500, Azher Amin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using dovecot deliver as lda for sendmail. My problem is that when
>> a user account is over quota, deliver program sends message in the logs,
>> but the message is not bounced back to sender informing that their is
>> disk quota problem at the recipient side. Further message remains in the
>> mail queue. Details are below. Plz suggest how to figure out the problems:
>>
> ..
>
>> Apr 14 11:31:41 wm sm-mta[22712]: l3EFVKQY022711:
>> to=<azher at wm.niit.edu.pk>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,
>> mailer=local, pri=130864, dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: local mailer
>> (/usr/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/deliver) exited with EX_TEMPFAIL
>>

> It failed with EX_TEMPFAIL, so Dovecot didn't properly handle the
> out-of-quota condition. You're using filesystem quota I guess? If you're
> also using maildir, that won't work if your control files are in quota
> partition. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/Quota/FS

believed to be clean.