[Dovecot] 2 mysql dbs or 2 types of encryption

Ken Anderson ka at pacific.net
Sat Apr 14 01:04:43 EEST 2007

Just upgrading to 1.0.0 and I'm trying to switch from PAM (using
pam-mysql) to a direct mysql query from dovecot, and I've got both
md5crypt and crypt passwords in a password db.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes seems to indicate
that I have to pick 1, but that is per auth-worker, right?

So, I created 2 auth workers using 2 dovecot-sql config files specifying
different default encryption schemes and it seems to work.

Is there any problem with this, other than a small bit of overhead for 2
queries if the first doesn't hit?

Thanks,

Ken Anderson
Pacific.Net