[Dovecot] Dovecot deliver agent - dovecot.conf permissions

Emiliano Gabrielli (aka AlberT) dovecot at superalbert.it
Wed Apr 11 12:43:06 EEST 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 18:59, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 10.4.2007, at 19.56, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> > I started playing with deliver, and saw a permission error in the
> > logs for dovecot.conf.  Under my distro install, /etc/dovecot.conf
> > was installed owner/group root, with only user rw rights.  I added
> > "other" read privileges and deliver is happy - is this necessary?
>
> For now, yea. Or of course if you can change its user/group to same
> as what runs deliver.

yea, but I have the same issue with log files ... and I don't like to make the
logs readable by anyone not being root ... It's impossible to run the deliver
in postfix without changing the logs owner ???

--
<?php echo '     Emiliano Gabrielli (aka AlberT)     ',"\n",
'                GrUSP founder  - ZCE                ',"\n",