[Dovecot] rc31 -> "deferring operation: binding"

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Wed Apr 11 05:49:33 EEST 2007

Ben Beuchler wrote:

> I installed a virgin install of OpenLDAP 2.3.32 directly on the mail
> server, copied over my LDAP database, pointed Dovecot at it, and
> started it up.  I immediately started getting the same log entries:

Some ideas from the peanut gallery here -- if you run 'ldd
dovecot-auth', what openldap library is it linked into? Have you tried
compiling dovecot against this new 2.3.32 openldap install?

> cliff:~ root# egrep -v '(^$|^#)' /opt/dovecot/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
> ldap_version = 3

Have you tried binding as version 2, just to see what happens?

-te

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid Inc. | http://www.fluid.com