[Dovecot] Problems with (probably) Dovecot

Frank Neps Frank.Neps at neps.de
Tue Apr 10 23:43:17 EEST 2007

Hi Timo,

thanks for your message.

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On 10.4.2007, at 23.15, Frank Neps wrote:
>> Trying to access my messages on the server via IMAP protocol using
>> Outlook (2000 or 2002 or 2003) leads to an error message "Invalid
>> messageset: xxxxxxxx"  (where xxxxxxxx is a  changing number). No
>> data is displayed, the headers are not updated. Squirrelmail says,
>> that the messages are not available any more. And Thunderbird joins
>> in with Outlook and also tells me something about an invalid
>> messageset. For some reasons (and some messages, not all) Kontact /
>> Kmail does not give me error message, however, my main system is not
>> a Linux one and therefore I'd like to get that fixed, if possible.
>
> That most likely means that message UIDs are 2^31 or larger. Now what
> that would happen with upgrading, I've no idea, unless it was just a
> "happy" conincidence.
>
> What version were you upgrading to, and is it with mbox or maildir?

I did not yet upgrade to Dovecot 1.0 because in the documentation it
sounded as if it were not just starting an installation routine, but
involves quite some work. With the thought in mind, that I have to move
to a new server in the near future anyway, I wanted to avoid the upgrade.

The current Dovecot version (still installed) is 0.99. I use the mbox
format.

Thanks,

Frank