[Dovecot] Request for additional logging

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Apr 7 10:47:35 EEST 2007

On 6.4.2007, at 23.29, Richard Stockton wrote:

> At 12:32 PM 4/6/2007, you wrote:
>>> It would be helpful to me if there were more logging options
>>> available.  For example, I would like to see a record of each
>>> email deleted, with the filename (if maildir), and size in the log.
>>
>> See http://wiki.dovecot.org/Plugins/MailLog
>>
>> It won't log the size or the filename though. Should be pretty easy
>> to modify the sources to log them too. Maybe I'll make it
>> configurable some day what it logs.
>
> That would great!  I took a quick look at the sources, but could not
> easily see where to add this to the logging.  But then again I'm much
> more comfortable with perl or php. [grin]

src/plugins/mail-log/mail-log-plugin.c -> mail_log_action() change
the i_info() to something like:

	i_info("%s: uid=%u, msgid=%s%s, size=%"PRIuUOFF_T", filename=%s",
action, mail->uid,
	       msgid == NULL ? "(null)" : str_sanitize(msgid, MSGID_LOG_LEN),
	       mailbox_str, mail_get_physical_size(mail), mail_get_special
(mail, MAIL_FETCH_UIDL_FILE_NAME));