[Dovecot] 1.0.rc30 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 6 20:18:55 EEST 2007

On 6.4.2007, at 17.55, Justin McAleer wrote:

> Timo, in rc30, deliver is not creating user directories properly.
> It looks like it goes straight to creating the maildir, without
> creating the home directory first if it doesn't exist. It also
> seems to be doing this before chrooting, as the following errors
> occur even after manually creating the home directory (with proper
> permissions):
>
> Apr  6 10:26:23 node7 postfix/qmgr[21815]: D2242D39A5: from=<>,
> size=556, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
> Apr  6 10:26:23 node7 deliver(user at example.com): mkdir(/cur)
> failed: Permission denied

Looks like deliver doesn't chroot at all if you did chrooting by
using /./ in the home directory. Since deliver doesn't work that
great chrooted anyway (can't send bounces by running sendmail), maybe
this is a good thing.

> Also, the convert plugin seems to assume the home dir exists when
> it tries to create it's lock file. However, manually creating the
> home dir does allow convert to continue successfully.

This happens only if it the source storage creation succeeds. So
you're moving user's home directory also?

Anyway, I don't think I'll be changing any of this code in v1.0
branch. But the subscription name changing .. yea, I'll fix that for
v1.0. Guess I'll still have to put out rc31 :(