[Dovecot] [ rc28 ] dict{} seems to be ignored

Emiliano Gabrielli (aka AlberT) dovecot at superalbert.it
Fri Apr 6 11:35:48 EEST 2007

On Friday 06 April 2007 09:46, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, I don't know about this. Do they never get it? Setting
> mail_debug=yes should show in logs for those users if Dovecot sees
> all the quota settings.

I decided not to use the DB storage for now, so I'll investigate better in the
future :-)  thank for the help

> >   in the wiki the quota table suggested structure uses 2 varchar
> > (255) fields,
> > with a PK on ... but the maximum allowed lenght for an index il
> > only 500 ..
> > at least on my version of mysql ....
> >
> > I suggest to correct in 255 for the user and 245 for the path :-)
>
> Changed path to 100. It's never more than 14 characters currently.

Ok, very well ... another issue with this is that if the table is  utf-8 then
the maximum index size is 1000, but every char takes 4 .. so even with 255
and 14 it should overflow this limit...

but user has to be 255 as it can be an email address (and, if I remember an
email address can be 255 chars) ...  maybe the quota table should never be
utf-8 ... as I suppose, can you confirm ??

have a nice day
--
<?php echo '     Emiliano Gabrielli (aka AlberT)     ',"\n",
'                GrUSP founder  - ZCE                ',"\n",