[Dovecot] No CA names sent in TLS handshake

Johnny Chadda johnny-06 at chadda.se
Tue Apr 3 12:50:49 EEST 2007

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, I'm not that big of an OpenSSL guru, but googling shows that with
> other software it's often a certificate configuration problem.
>
> Did you set ssl_ca_file and does the file contain a valid CA and CRL?

Yes, the certificates are Ok. It works if I explicitly select which
client certificate to send to the server from the mail client.

Normal users shouldn't have to do this though. It should be selected
based on which accepted CA names the server sends. It works fine in
Cyrus (which I will use if this does not work) and Postfix.