[Dovecot] How to integrate dspam and dovecot

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:28:06 EEST 2007

Hello all,
  I am currently setting up a new mail server with Qmail, OpenLDAP and
Dovecot in CentOS-4.4.  Qmail version is 1.03, OpenLDAP is 2.3 and
Dovecot version is dovecot-1.0-3_50.rc27(RPM). I have successfully
installed and tested it. But I have two issues with the current setup:

#1.
I am using dovecot LDA and configured the OpenLDAP such that the mail
be delivered to the virtual users through a script. This script is
saved in /var/qmail/bin/deliver.sh and the contents is as follows:
/usr/bin/dspam --stdout --mode=tum --deliver=innocent,spam
--feature=chained,noise --user global |/var/qmail/bin/preline -f
/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $RECIPIENT || exit 77

This script name is mentioned in each user's deliveryProgramPath in the LDAP.

I am not sure whether this is the best approach of using dovecot  as
MDA. I tried to include the following contents in
/var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery :
|/var/qmail/bin/preline -f /usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $RECIPIENT

But it seems that this is not working as desired. Please comment, if I
have gone wrong anywhere.

#2:
I wish to use dspam to filter out the spam messages, but I am unsure
whether the dspam plugin mentioned in
http://johannes.sipsolutions.net/Projects/dovecot-dspam-integration
is already in the dspam version I am using. If it's available please
give details to configure it.

Kindly share ideas.
regards
Manilal.

--
Better to light one candle than to curse the darkness.
Blog: http://librewings.blogspot.com