[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.0.beta9, emails disappearing?

Martin Végiard deadbug at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 21:06:40 EEST 2006

Hi,
I've been using Dovecot successfully for a while and I've recently
encountered an issue :

I got to work today and half the emails, were deleted... and after
careful investigation :

- On Monday it seems, the emails magically vanished .. (what I've been told)
- My backup from Tuesday morning at 3am, indicates that all the files
(mailbox) are intact but the subscription file is missing half the
entries.
- At noon, on Tuesday, half the subscriptions are still missing and
half the files now also missing.

Any ideas, known issues, suggestions?

Details :
# dovecot --version
1.0.beta9
# uname -a
NetBSD Z 3.0.1 NetBSD 3.0.1 (GENERIC.MPACPI) #0: Fri Aug 18 08:34:05
EDT 2006  m at Z:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MPACPI i386

the server in question is usually just idling away...
and nothing abnormal in my logs

thanks for your time,
Martin