[Dovecot] configuration guidelines.

Mart Pirita sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Mon Sep 4 10:25:13 EEST 2006

Tere
> A few that look like they might need changing are:
>
>    login_process_size = 32
>    login_process_per_connection = yes
>    login_processes_count = 3
>    mbox_dotlock_change_timeout = 30
>    auth_count = 1
>    client_workarounds =
>
> Does anyone have any pointers to reasonable values for those or other
> settings?

Well, I'm using the latest rc7 and have a same problem. Timo should give
some clues about settings, something like:

1) Server for < 100 users,
2) Server for < 1 000 users,
3) Server for > 10 000 users and more, etc.

But about Your settings, I'm using:

login_process_size = 128
login_process_per_connection = yes
login_processes_count = 15
mbox_dotlock_change_timeout = 180imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle
netscape-eoh tb-extra-mailbox-sep delay-newmail
pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh

P.S. The full conf You cant find in my previous message Re: [Dovecot]
Dovecot problem in RHEL4

--
Mart