[Dovecot] Dovecot vs Ports

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Oct 8 19:32:52 UTC 2006

Jos Chrispijn wrote:

[...]
> Don't think so... It is very unusual that at inspection of rc.conf after
> upgrading Dovecot, it is appended with a line containing:
>
> dovecot_enable=YES
> instead of
> dovecot_enable="YES"
>
> I just wanted to tell, without offensive behaviour towards any
> portsmanager at all (as I wrote, we are humans after all).
> Jos

I have used 'portmanager' for quite some time now. In fact, I started
using it when it was still beta.

Portmanager does not add anything to the /etc/rc.conf file unless it is
part of the ports 'Makefile'. To find out exactly what transpired, I
would suggest that you contact the port maintainer:

     robin at isometry.net

and inquire as to the behavior of the dovecot port.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net