[Dovecot] user name translation

jasper redhat at techspace.nl
Tue Mar 28 11:40:25 EEST 2006

I'v read about this for virtual users bus were do i put this for pam authentication

but i'm using the /etc/schadow   file by pam so were do i implement te %n .

in the dovecot.conf or the pam.d/dovecot

or is there a new line in the updated verson of dovecot.

thanks.

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 09:15:04 +0100, Daniel Watts wrote
> jasper wrote:
> >
> > i have the next question i like to authenticate users only by user ant
> > not by user at domain <mailto:user at domain>
> >
> > i'm using pam for authentication the users are stored bij first lette
> > for name then back name
> >
> > J.Hendriks     so no domain included.
> >
> > bu i want them to login as J.Hendriks at domain
> > <mailto:J.Hendriks at domain>  so i kan use the same user for more domains
> >
> > in diverent mail folders b.v. mail_folder= home/%d/%u
> >
> > but now pam is authenticating as user name J.Hendriks at domain
> > <mailto:J.Hendriks at domain>   and not J.Hendriks.
> >
> > is there a way to cut of @domain from name.
> >

> use %n for the username part of username at domain.com
> Daniel
>
> --
> Dit bericht is gescanned op virussen en andere gevaarlijke
> inhoud door Techspace mailscanner en lijkt schoon te zijn.

- Als echtparen echt paren hebben echtgenoten echt genoten