[Dovecot] Filesystem full/quota limitations and Dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 25 13:38:54 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 12:42 -0800, Tony Kay wrote:
> How does Dovecot handle accounts when writes are denied, such as in situations when a user is over quota, or the filesystem is full?

Not all that well. I think with mboxes it handles it pretty well, but
with maildir it breaks if it can't update dovecot-uidlist file.

Also index files can cause problems. Although nowadays there is at least
some code which tries to move the indexes to memory if writing fails.
It's not perfect though.