[Dovecot] Method of archiving mail?

Stephen Allen dovecot at rowyerboat.com
Fri Mar 24 17:46:26 EET 2006

Daniel Watts wrote:
> I haven't progressed to the stage where I've thought how one would
> actually go about this. Work out what you want it to look like from the
> user's perspective first and then work backwards to find out what you
> need to do to make that happen.

Thanks Daniel... we'll have to exchange ideas!  Using your method, are
you suggesting that the user make use of Window's "Search..." feature to
search the files in the mounted volume?  That would be simplest I
suppose.  My ideas was to have the user send an email "request" to the
server, which would then copy all matching messages into a special
folder in the mail file... eg. "Query", so the next time they looked at
that folder, their results would be there.  I fear this is slightly more
complex, but keeps all the processing on the server and involves minimal
user education.

Steve :)