[Dovecot] Per-user "Seen" flags with shared namespace stored as maildir?

Mark Lidstone mlidstone at ngal.co.uk
Thu Mar 23 18:15:14 EET 2006

Hi all,

I was wondering if the above was possible.  I know that the "seen" flag is stored in the filename, but was wondering if anyone knew of a way to separate it out?  I know this would strictly-speaking break maildir compatibility, but it would be extremely useful for shared folders.

I've been given the task of replacing the (extremely heavily used) shared folders functionality of our Exchange server and have almost everything working.  I have authentication working against AD, shared folders, per-user subscriptions, "mail enabled folder" functionality and seem to have sorted all the other permissions issues I've been having.  Apart from a nice easy-to-use front end for changing folder permissions this is the last thing I can think of that I need to look into before I can show this to my boss.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Mark Lidstone
IT Administrator

BMT Nigel Gee & Associates Ltd
Floors 1-3, Building 14,
Shamrock Quay,
William Street,
Southampton
SO14 5QL
UK

Tel: 023 8022 6655
Fax: 023 8022 8855

Visit Our Website: <http://www.ngal.co.uk>

CONFIDENTIAL

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachment is
confidential.  It is intended only for the named addressee(s).  If you
are not the named addressee please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person
other than the intended addressee(s).

VIRUSES

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software
viruses which could damage your own computer system.  While BMT Nigel Gee
and Associates Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise
this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain
as a result of software viruses.  You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening the attachment.