[Dovecot] Save sent mail on server

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu Mar 23 00:27:43 EET 2006

Benjamin wrote:
> Hi dovecot list users,
>
> currently we have some email accounts which get maintained by different
> people. If any of this users sends a mail, it is only saved on his local
> machine, but not on the imap server. But i'll need them to get saved on
> the mail server for backup purposes and that every user can see which
> mails have been sent through this account. Is this possible?

This has been a configurable option in all the mail clients I've used.  I know
for a fact Thunderbird and Becky let you choose to store a copy of sent messages
in any folder you choose.  I'm fairly certain Outloo lets you choose, too.

Which mail client are you using?

Also, Postfix (and possibly other MTAs) support options to BCC every message to
another account, allowing you to save all your traffic.  Some people use this to
comply with legal obligations for communication storage.

--
Curtis Maloney
cmaloney at cardgate.net