[Dovecot] mail shown throught outlook, shows todays date

bclark bclark at eccotours.co.za
Wed Mar 22 18:07:13 EET 2006

Hi all

I seem to be sitting with an interesting situation where by I need to copy mail from Exchange to dovecot (Maildir)

I used a mixture of solution (Moz Thunderbird, fetchmail and outlook) to copy and test the mail.

The interesting thing is, once I have some mail on the dovecot, the date displayed on Mozilla is correct, but the mail shown throught outlook, shows todays date (thats for all mail).

I logged in squirrel mail, that too correctly displays the date.

Almost seems as Outlook (office 2000) looks at the date / time stamp of the file it self as opposed to opening and reading the mail and reading the necassry tags.

If anyone could help me understand this (is this a dovecot issue), I would really appreciate it.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark