[Dovecot] plugins

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Sat Mar 18 08:27:06 EET 2006

> On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 08:25 -0800, Brian Wilson wrote:
>> I just signed up for the mailing list. I saw a thread a few days
>> ago referencing dspam plugin and saying a page would be updated,
>> but I cannot find any documentation on dovecot plugins anywhere
>> except mentions in this archive... can someone direct me to the
>> plugins page?

I got it going.

For others, tip #1: in the dovecot.conf don't grep for "plugins", grep
for "modules". You have to uncomment the lines (and change "no" to "yes")
in both imap and pop3 protocol sections.

   #mail_use_modules = no
   #mail_modules = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

Tip #2, check the 'errors' log file. Dovecot uses the "least privileges"
approach and my system installed the dovecot files readable only by root.

I added the tips to the DRAC section on the Dovecot wiki.

Brian