[Dovecot] Help please: Error: net_connect

Brad nospam at bradphinney.com
Mon Mar 13 03:55:30 EET 2006

Having some issues with having the deliver lda deliver properly.

Here are the vitals of the config :

=============================

socket listen {
	master {
		path = /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
		mode = 0660
		user = maildir
		group = maildir
	}
  }

protocol lda {

	module_dir = /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lda
	postmaster_address = postmaster at bradphinney.com
	auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
}

passdb passwd-file {
    # Path for passwd-file
    args = /etc/dovecot-passdb
  }

 userdb static {
    # Template for settings. Can return anything a userdb could normally
    # return, eg.: uid, gid, home, mail, nice
    #
    # A few examples:
    #

      args = uid=600 gid=600 home=/export/mail/maildir/%u
mail=maildir:/export/mail/maildir/%u

====================================

The deliver program is setuid and setgid maildir.  The passdb seems to
be working fine since I can log in fine using a client.  When I try to
deliver mail however .. I get this

dovecot: Mar 12 20:42:02 Info: auth(default): master out: USER  1
superduper      uid=600 gid=600 home=/export/mail/maildir/superduper
mail=maildir:/export/mail/maildir/superduper
dovecot: Mar 12 20:42:02 Error: auth(default):

and then after a while .. this appears

deliver: Error: net_connect(/var/run/dovecot-auth-master) failed:
Permission denied

And the really odd thing is that the mail seems to be delivered and
placed in the maildir.

Any help would be appreciated ..