[Dovecot] Getting maildir++ quotas working

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Thu Mar 9 02:05:26 EET 2006

Can somebody post details for how to get maildir++ quotas working in the
latest CVS?

I have tried but can't get the CAPABILITY string to show "QUOTA"; and the
GETQUOTAROOT command is recognized, but returns nothing...

  2 GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
  * QUOTAROOT "INBOX" ""
  * QUOTA "" ()
  2 OK Getquotaroot completed.

These are the settings I have... am I missing something?

  protocol imap {
    mail_plugins = imap_quota quota
    mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/imap
  }
  plugin {
    quota = maildir
    imap_quota = maildir
  }

Here are some more details:

Dovecot is creating the maildirsize file in my maidir, and it seems to
show correct storage used calculations, but the first line which should
contain my storage limits is blank.  So I suspect that I am not returning
a valid quota value from the user database.  I am returning what my old
Courier-IMAP wants to see "1073741824S,4000C"... if the format for Dovecot
is different, what should the format be?

So there are two problems that I am trying to resolve, but I'm not sure
how to go about fixing it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated:

(1) Dovecot isn't announcing QUOTA support in the capability string.

(2) Dovecot isn't getting a valid quota limit, which I assume is breaking
the GETQUOTAROOT command.

Thanks,
Bill