[Dovecot] 1.0 beta3 not preserving X-Keyword header?

Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade gkra at ucsd.edu
Wed Mar 8 01:44:43 EET 2006

Timo Sirainen wrote:
> No, it should work the exact same way with beta3, and it does work  with
> me.

Odd...  Maybe I have a setting wrong?

>> Aditionally, we've found that if the .imap index directories are
>> removed, all the Thunderbird labels on messages seem to get
>> "confused", too.  I.e., if the user uses multiple machines  throughout
>> the day, changes in one client may not be reflected in  another, when
>> the user moves to a different system.
>
> This also sounds like there's something else wrong. Almost as if
> Dovecot treats the mboxes as read-only and never writes the X-UID  etc.
> headers into them either?

No, X-UID headers are definitely getting written in, and the Status header
is being updated, too.  It's allowing moves and deletes and expunges like
normal.  Just things like X-Keywords aren't being added when a client
requests it.

The config file I'm using is:

-----
protocols = imaps
ssl_cert_file = /usr/share/ssl/certs/csefast.ucsd.edu_cert.pem
ssl_key_file = /usr/share/ssl/private/csefast.ucsd.edu_key.pem
login_greeting = Dovecot ready.
max_mail_processes = 2048
verbose_proctitle = yes
verbose_ssl = yes
first_valid_uid = 100
mail_debug = yes
default_mail_env = mbox:~/:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
mail_full_filesystem_access = yes
mbox_write_locks = dotlock fcntl
protocol imap {
   ssl_listen = *:997
   login_greeting_capability = yes
}
protocol pop3 {
}
auth_verbose = yes
auth_debug = yes
auth default {
   mechanisms = plain
   passdb pam {
     args = session=yes dovecot
   }
   userdb passwd {
   }
   user = root
}
-----

> 1.0beta doesn't even notice the old indexes, so deleting them  shouldn't
> have any effect.

Ah, okay, that actually makes me feel better. :)

Gregory

--
Gregory K. Ruiz-Ade
Sr. Systems Administrator