[Dovecot] Can I install in the following fashion?

Stewart Dean sdean at bard.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:49:31 EET 2006

Hmmm, hadn't thought of RPM.  But I would like a direct answer to my
question, which was:  Can I just tar up everything in a dovecot-only
prefix directory (defined in the invocation of configure) when the make
and make install is done, and then untar/extract it in a directory of
the same name over on another machine with the same OS, patches and
OpenSSL?  Are there Dovecot dependencies outside prefix directory.

My OS is AIXV5.3 maintenance/tech level 4.  There is no distro RPMs for
same, so I am building it myself.

--
====
Stewart Dean, Unix System Admin, Henderson Computer Resources