[Dovecot] :INDEX and :CONTROL in 0.99.14

Karl Latiss karl.latiss at atvert.com.au
Tue Mar 7 14:24:58 EET 2006

Before anyone say "upgrade" for various reasons I can't right now (and
at any rate everything else works well with this version).

My problem is that I can't get :INDEX and :CONTROL working at all:

default_mail_env = maildir:~/:INDEX=/home/dovecot/index/%d/%
n:CONTROL=/home/dovecot/control/%d/%n

ls -l /home/dovecot/
total 8
drwxrwxrwx    3 dovecot  dovecot      4096 Mar  8 07:52 control
drwxrwxrwx    3 dovecot  dovecot      4096 Mar  8 07:55 index

(I've made everything 777 for testing)

The error I get is:

Mar  8 09:54:26 host imap(user at domain.com): mkdir
(/home/dovecot/index/domain.com/user/.INBOX) failed: Permission denied

If I su to the user at domain.com user I can manually create the directory
OK.

I'm using LDAP for authentication if that makes any difference.

Any clues? Pointers? Need more information?

--
Karl Latiss <karl.latiss at atvert.com.au>
Atvert Systems