[Dovecot] dovecot NTLM authentication

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Mar 6 22:48:00 EET 2006

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 15:26 +0200, Lior Okman wrote:
> When I compare the NTLM hash provided by the dovecotpw utility to the
> one I have in my SAMBA ldap, it appears to be exactly the same.
>
> When I use the LDAP passdb backend, I can see in the log file that
> dovecot has received the correct NTLM hash value, but outlook fails to
> authenticate successfully.
>
> I'm using the debianized dovecot version v1.0.beta2.

It shouldn't matter if it's in LDAP or in passwd-file. I'd guess it
reads the scheme wrong. The passwords in LDAP probably aren't prefixed
with {NTLM}? Have you set default_pass_scheme = NTLM in
dovecot-ldap.conf?

Have you tried if plaintext logins work with NTLM hashes in LDAP? If
they don't, try setting auth_debug=yes and auth_debug_passwords=yes and
check if the logs help.