[Dovecot] Dovecot as a smart IMAP proxy

Bill Boebel bill at webmail.us
Mon Mar 6 17:09:11 EET 2006

(sorry for the late response to this thread)

I would like to see hooks in the proxy that would allow somebody to build
security features such as:

- per user concurrent connection limits
- per IP concurrent connection limits
- per user login rate limits
- per IP login rate limits
- IP access restrictions per user (looks like this is already possible)
- IP lockouts for brute force password crack attempts

The proxy is the right place for these features for us, but smaller sites
might need these features in the main IMAP server.

Bill