[Dovecot] Really dumb question

Al Blake al at blakes.net
Sun Mar 5 12:25:45 EET 2006

Just got dovecot running inside MEPIS 3.3.2 SOHO (debian). I am impressed. It works really well and I am planning to move my mail away from my Win server and access the mail from dovecot using imap. I have copied some folders from my existing Outlook mail system into the imap mail server without any problems....so here is the dumb question: where are the mail files/folders stored on the MEPIS server? I have been all over the file system and cant find any files that look right.
The dovecot doco talks about mail location for the index files - but I have looked in all of those and cant find anything.
The MEPIS system has a Maildir for the user......but that looks just as it did at install: contains three folders, cur, new and tmp all of which are empty :(

Please dont flame - I have looked and I did try to find the answer but I although I can see the folders and messages through the imap client I cant actually find anything on the server.......and I would like to see something before I turn my Win mail server off.

Thanks
Al Blake (australia)